Welcome to the School of Screenprinting
We have been conducting training in all segments of the screenprinting technologies for over 50 years, and have trained thousands of individuals.
• We can provide training at your location anywhere in the world.
• Training sessions can be provided in English, Spanish, or in any other language through a local translator.
• We can train your entire staff on-site.
• We provide a Train-The-Trainer program, where we train individuals within your organization to assist in your own training program.
• We can provide online training through the use of audio/visual conferencing software for a more cost-effective program.
• We can build a custom training session based on your specific needs and expectations.
• No matter what segment of the screenprinting technologies you operate within, you will benefit from our training sessions.
• We provide tax-deductible Weekend Technical Retreats and Seminars at our location in sunny Cuernavaca, Mexico.
We Differentiate Our Brand
- We are professional educators who have owned and operated several successful screenprinting shops over the past 52 years.
- We provide comprehensive solutions to bring control to the screenprinting process.
- We only work on your behalf to educate you.
- We do not have products to sell to you.
- We do not accept payment from manufacturers or distributors to push any products toward you.
- We provide only the current Best Practice methods in our training.
- We do not use a canned presentation but provide a custom solution for your needs.
- We answer all of your questions honestly and never make guesses.
- Your instructor, Bill Hood, is a member of the prestigious Academy of Screen & Digital Printing Technologies
- We are the recipient of two Swormsted Awards for Excellence in Technical Writing
AN EXAMPLE CURRICULUM
- What Can and Cannot be Printed
- Art for Screenprinting
- Film Positives and Output
- Halftone Technologies
- Correct Angles and Line Count
- Prevention of Moiré
- Pre-Registration Systems
- Screenroom Design
- Screenroom Equipment
- Screenroom Lighting
- Screenprinting Applications
- Choosing the Correct Mesh
- Geometry of Mesh
- Special Applications
4. Importance of Tension
- Screenprinting Frame Systems
- Tensioning Systems
- Tensioning Technology
- Measuring Technologies
5. Stencil Preparation
- Drying Uncoated Mesh
- Coating Direct Emulsion
- Applying Capillary Film
- Drying the Coated Screen
- Stencil Technology/Systems
- Measuring Technologies
- Computer to Screen Systems
- Exposure Control
6. Stencil Development
- Development Process
- Drying the Stencil
- Blocking and Taping the Stencil
7. Ink and Coatings
- Ink Systems
- Surface Texture
8. Press Setup
- Optimizing the Printing Process
- Geometric Parallel and Plane
- Fill Blade
- Setup of Multicolor Jobs
- Color Sequence
- Wet-On-Wet Printing
- Process Printing
- Flash Gel Units
- Pressroom Efficiency
10. Curing and Drying
- Types of Curing Units
- Curing Process Explained
- Setting Up the Dryer
- Dryer Maintenance
11. Screen Reclamation
- Ink Removal
- Emulsion Removal
12. Health and Safety
- MSDS Documents
This is just one example of the myriad subjects that can be included in your screenprint training. We will work with you to implement a training program based on your individual needs, providing you with exactly what you need.
What People Say
Extensive knowledge shared, Very open – answered every question, Connections in the industry, awareness of who was great, Detailed technical explanations, Loved the concepts used – worked to get the “why” way to do things. Bill, your expertise was very much appreciated. You have forgotten more than I think I will ever know.
“ I saved money and time before I pushed a squeegee. Bill got me to look at the bigger picture and it made a world of difference. All the information I received was invaluable and I could have stayed for a month. I will be back for a refresher! ”
“ We just finished one of the most important training sessions in our shop’s history. We had the privilege of having Bill Hood come to our shop for two days. Taking in the knowledge that he shared with us has my mind overloaded. We have increased our work volume and made great strides in quality and speed. Thanks to the information Bill shared with us we have increased our work volume, enhanced our quality and speed, saved money and cut costs all at the same time. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone.”
John Mark Benton
“ Just got home a little while ago and wanted to drop you a line and say “Thanks” for the great screenprinting course. It was fun and informative for me and a real pleasure hanging out with you. I look forward to coming back and seeing y’all again someday. Thanks again for everything, you guys are great. ”
“ The class was very good. I learned a lot and I would recommend this workshop to everyone. I found the workshop very informative. The printing process was thoroughly covered from start to finish in a manner that was easy to follow. Bill is friendly, approachable and full of knowledge. The workshop was well worth the money and I will be back again! ”
GET IN TOUCH
To reach out to us about your training needs you can contact us here and leave a message. We will get back to you ASAP.
If you have an immediate need you can contact us by telephone in the USA at 1.512.807.8222 or in Mexico at 52.044.777.565.3061 during the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Standard Time.
We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with answers to any questions you might have.