Mike Ruff – Ruff has been involved in the graphic arts industry since 1971, when he began as a sign painter and screenprinter. Since then, he’s founded two companies: Missouri Poster & Banner (a large-format screen printing company), PGF Megafilm a large-format prepress service bureau that produced film, plates and screens for screen and digital printers domestically and internationally. PGF Megafilm became ReyHan PGF in 2001, then became part of Thrall Enterprises, the parent company of Nazdar Ink in 2003. Ruff became the Chief Technology Officer of Nazdar Consulting Services. Today, Mike is the owner of Mike Ruff Consulting Services.
He is a certified G7 Color Calibration Expert and has studied color control theory through GretagMacBeth, X-Rite and RIT Color Management Flexographic Training.
Ruff’s color-control system, “Color Control Culture” has evolved into a productivity enhancement program, “Chromatix,” which has dramatically improved the profitability and competitive edge of some of the largest screenprinters in the United States and Canada.
Ruff is a regular speaker and presenter for many graphic arts trade associations in North America and has conducted training classes and webinars for prepress, production, management and sales staff.
He is an accomplished technical writer with numerous articles in trade publications including the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) Journal, Screen & Display Graphics, Specialty Printing Magazine, Flexo Magazine, Grafica India and ScreenPrinting magazine. His articles have been translated to multiple foreign languages. His works continues to enhance screenprinting, while laying a firm foundation for the digital revolution.
Mike gives his time to the screenprinting community as a Process Color Printing Instructor for the last 15 years, at the Screen Printing Technical Foundation (SPTF) Graphics Four-Color Workshop.
- Member of the Academy of Screen Print Technology 2005
- Member of the IDEAlliance Print Properties Committee
- Member of the USTAG TC130 delegation to ISO Technical Work Groups 3 and 4
- Technical author of the International Screen Print Standard ISO 12647-5 (2012)
- Developer of the Chromatix Process Control certification system for grand format screen and digital printers
- Winner of the 2010 IDEAlliance Leadership Circle Award
- Two-time “Swormstedt Award Winner” for the best technical article in the specialty imaging industry
[button link=”http://www.mikeruffconsulting.com/” color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] Mike Ruff Consulting[/button]